Short-Term Tax Exempt Strategy
This strategy seeks to provide current income (exempt from federal income
taxes) while providing liquidity and preserving capital.
APA Municipal Bond Team:
APA’s investment professionals utilize a top-down and bottom-up approach in order to add value through our active management program. Six of APA’s Investment Professionals, including the credit research team, portfolio managers, and analysts focus on this strategy.
This strategy provides an alternative approach for money-market investors
to seek enhanced returns, capital preservation, and a high level of liquidity.
We combine our fundamental research and investment process to emphasize
principal stability, tax-free income and short-term growth.
Investment Process Overview
- APA’s active management and effective trade execution allow us to attempt to capitalize on inefficiencies in the municipal market and add value for our clients
- We construct our portfolios with an emphasis on high quality investment grade municipal securities while providing a high level of liquidity
- Preservation of principal consistent with client’s portfolio risk exposure
- Produce returns that exceed the appropriate benchmark while attempting to control overall portfolio volatility
Value Added Strategies
Yield Curve Positioning
- Analyze yield curve to help determine the most favorable risk/reward profile
- Monitor credit trends to capture incremental yield
- Seek to capitalize on inefficiencies across different sectors, maturities, bond structures and issuers
- Identify and opportunistically harvest losses
- Seek to minimize interest rate risk and monitor potential credit issues
Past performance is not indicative of future results. This material is not financial advice or an offer to sell any product. The performance and portfolio characteristics shown relate to the APA Enhanced Short-Term Tax-Exempt Composite (the “Composite”).
Not every client’s account will have these exact characteristics. The actual characteristics with respect to any particular client account will vary based on a number of factors including but not limited to: (i) the size of the account; (ii) investment restrictions applicable to the account, if any; and (iii) market predicaments at the time of investment. APA reserves the right to modify its current investment strategies and techniques based on changing market dynamics or client needs. The information provided in this report should not be considered a recommendation to purchase or sell any particular security. There is no assurance that any securities discussed herein will remain in an account’s portfolio at the time you receive this report or that securities sold have not been repurchased. The securities discussed may not represent an account’s entire portfolio, and in the aggregate may represent only a small percentage of an account’s portfolio holdings. It should not be assumed that any of the security transactions, holdings or sectors discussed were or will prove to be profitable, or that the investment recommendations or decisions we make in the future will be profitable or will equal the investment performance of the securities discussed herein.
APA is an investment adviser registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. More information about the advisor including its investment strategies and objectives can be obtained by visiting www.assetpreservationadvisors.com. A list of composite descriptions is available upon request.
The fee schedule for APA’s investment advisory services for separately managed accounts in the APA Enhanced Short-Term Tax-Exempt Composite is 0.25% on net assets under management. Actual investment advisory fees incurred by clients may vary. A complete description of APA’s fee schedule can be found in Part 2 of its FORM-ADV which is available at www.assetpreservationadvisors.com or by calling (404) 261-1333.